Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the 12v power socket, Smart IAT and Baja Designs fog lights.

The lights were the hardest as I had to make a custom loom in order to use the factory switch and trigger the dash light. The lights run independent of the headlights, so they don't turn off with the high beam because what's the point of that, right? The switch is wired into the factory harness to trigger the relay, but the rest of the loom is powered off of my PC8.

The best was the Smart IAT, what a great product. I'm guessing it works like a Booster Plug, but it replaces the factory IAT instead of bypassing it. No mounting issues or routing of extras wires, etc. The bike came alive like it should have been from the factory. Instant throttle response with buttery smooth power all the way through the rev range. I couldn't be happier...SC

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any more info or links on the Smart IAT I'm intrigued.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Installed the 12v power socket, Smart IAT and Baja Designs fog lights.

The lights were the hardest as I had to make a custom loom in order to use the factory switch and trigger the dash light. The lights run independent of the headlights, so they don't turn off with the high beam because what's the point of that, right? The switch is wired into the factory harness to trigger the relay, but the rest of the loom is powered off of my PC8.
You can still have them independent AND controlled by the High Beam at the same time. So, if you switch them on through the factory switch, they obviously remain ON, but if the switch is in OFF position, the lights will be controlled by the High Beam status; very usefull for passing signalling in my opinion.

I am waiting the OEM fog lights switch to arrive to connect my lights as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
This sort of IAT (NTC) it´s way better than a booster plug .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts