Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all, I have taken the plunge and decided to fix properly the poor original install of my givi fog lamps, in that i want to incorporate them to a OEM dash switch and loom etc that will fire up in the display when they are on. I have poured over the countless youtube videos to learn as much as i can before i plough headlong into what will no doubt be a long day and lots of swearing.

Having bought the loom from Adventure bike shop along with a dual USB .. i think i have the bits i need.

Can someone with some electrical knowledge kindly help me out with the various bits i have dangling from the loom.. see piccie attached ... i am wondering exactly where and how i wire the lights in i thot it was plug n play !!!

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pretty hard to help you from the image attached.
Essentially if you want to add the OEM switch you replace the 3rd party switch with the Honda one. To fire up the dash light you have to connect the "exit" of the switch to the blue wire in the front option connector. Could be that your loom is already prepared for that but I can't see clearly. Could you point to the article's page of loom you bought?

could also be useful have a look here: MY2018 front accessory wiring

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks for this i had looked at your post .. the loom is actually same as the one supplied by RR ... i went to adventure bike shop as they had a double USB to go with it ... when i saw the loom i seemed to have lots of "extra" connectors your photos are perfect

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you could see me when I wanted to change front lights on my car and did not connect wires with the circuit board correctly. Burned all the electronics, and most important did exactly as on YouTube tutorial video. It costs me a lot of cash to fix it. The sound was horrible, my car suffered with noises like in the movies. Everything when okay soon after contacted gerber files for them to create PCB and copy of format so that everything will work accordingly. Never tried after to work with electronics by myself or trust doubtful YouTube channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts