Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a Sett of two tone 36watt electromagnetic horns, but i did only mount the one 113db 400HZ parallel with the OEM horn.
we have a lot off wild animals and unaware truck drivers here in the Swedish forrest 馃嚫馃嚜

come in a sett with two

You can remove the chromed galler

Registered
Gonna be a lot of scared animals round there, lol
2 horns is enough for any person!
:)

Super Moderator
Anything is better then the Vespa horn they come with..
I have the Denali sound bomb, just gotta get around to installing it 馃檨

Reactions: WeeWilly

Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Yes we have a lot off wild dark pigs here they are quite fast but not fast enough 馃あ
And know you are going to crap your pants when you hit it by accident while cancelling your turn signals... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Looks good.
I am just over 3K and I am still hitting the horn button some early mornings, albeit much less often.
Did you do anything to increase the available ampacity to the horn or just leave the OEM fuse in? 36W is an extra 3 amps, right?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And know you are going to crap your pants when you hit it by accident while cancelling your turn signals... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Looks good.
I am just over 3K and I am still hitting the horn button some early mornings, albeit much less often.
Did you do anything to increase the available ampacity to the horn or just leave the OEM fuse in? 36W is an extra 3 amps, right?
Yes 36W are two horns one will use 18W 1,5A it is only used temporary i hope the fuse will not 馃敟 burn.
you can replace the OEM horn but the left radiator protector has some plastic profile behind the OEM horn so we kept it 馃憤

Super Moderator
Did you go with the Sound Bomb or Sound Bomb Mini? If Soundbomb did you go full or split?
Mini
Was thinking of running it with my bar light on the front, so when I honk, that light comes on too.. A nice annoyingly bright fluorescent yellow to go with all that noise..

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Mini
Was thinking of running it with my bar light on the front, so when I honk, that light comes on too.. A nice annoyingly bright fluorescent yellow to go with all that noise..
HI 馃惒 馃悏
The Sound Bomb or Sound Bomb Mini are rather expensive here
this horn cost 189 Sek
Yes light comes on too it is a good idea and are on its way to it will be the next step

18w Led = 100 Halogen

i welded a fitting to mount it on the center of my Touratech chrashbar

we ordered a light button Daytona - Slim ON / OFF i think it comes with the post i a couple of days. 馃憤

Administrator
Mini
Screaming Banshee horns do that deal. You can wire them so that the high beams, light bar etc., pulse with the horn. It is an attention grabber for sure. The Screaming Banshee is loud AF as well :)

Question on the Denali Sounbomb Mini. I was looking at buying one of those myself, but a buddy of mine said to buy the Fiamm Freeway Blaster instead, That they are pretty much the same horn. That Fiamm actually makes the Soundbomb Mini for Denali, but sells the Freeway Blaster cheaper. Any idea if that is true?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Screaming Banshee horns do that deal. You can wire them so that the high beams, light bar etc., pulse with the horn. It is an attention grabber for sure. The Screaming Banshee is loud AF as well :)

Question on the Denali Sounbomb Mini. I was looking at buying one of those myself, but a buddy of mine said to buy the Fiamm Freeway Blaster instead, That they are pretty much the same horn. That Fiamm actually makes the Soundbomb Mini for Denali, but sells the Freeway Blaster cheaper. Any idea if that is true?
i have used the Fiamm Freeway Blaster on two earlier bikes and they have stopped working on both bikes
i tried to mount one on my AT but i think they are a little to big when placed on the right side of the radiator the travel of the front wheel are 230 mm 9"
NOTE: the horns must be mounted on the two black spring steel pr. horn supplied to function they wont work if you bolt them tight on the bike frame 馃槰

Super Moderator
HI 馃惒 馃悏
The Sound Bomb or Sound Bomb Mini are rather expensive here
this horn cost 189 Sek
Yes light comes on too it is a good idea and are on its way to it will be the next step
View attachment 61952

18w Led = 100 Halogen

View attachment 61953

i welded a fitting to mount it on the center of my Touratech chrashbar

View attachment 61954
we odored a light button Daytona - Slim ON / OFF i think it comes with the post i a couple of days. 馃憤
They are not cheap here either..
Got an off brand light bar, works good , bright and a funky yellow color... (See my avatar)
Figure it would help too, because no one expects a motorcycle horn to sound like a car or truck ..

Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
Willy also runs the Denali Sound Bomb Mini. He wishes he had a few more dB when running at highway speeds though.

Reactions: InedibleRider

Super Moderator
Willy also runs the Denali Sound Bomb Mini. He wishes he had a few more dB when running at highway speeds though.
My 谭f谭i谭n谭g谭e谭r谭 thumb still misses the horn button on these dang Hondas. So I just go around "the issue".

Administrator
I wish my finger missed the horn button. I am a bit worried about anything too loud because I frequently find it by accident.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
My 谭f谭i谭n谭g谭e谭r谭 thumb still misses the horn button on these dang Hondas. So I just go around "the issue".
the blink turn off automatically on a 2019 bike so i do not worry my friends have old English bikes with the gear and back brake on upper set side but it is possible to program the mind 馃暪

Registered
I tossed the Denali Soundbomb Compact on for bears and moose. It scares the living crap out of drivers, so almost more dangerous. Haven't had a bear since I installed it, but it did save my ass from a pack of reservation dogs the other day. Cheap and easy to mount with the Denali bracket.

Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
Which "dang Hondas" are we referring to DT? I would submit that any of them are incriminated...they all suck! I've owned several Hondas and their horns have ALL failed to meet the need IMHO. Every other Honda bike I've owned needed and received a horn upgrade. My Gold Wing dang near got an air horn.

IMHO, it's all about getting noticed when calamity beckons. I almost enjoy scaring the bejeezus outta some cager with a 120 dB horn as they try to cut me off or move into my space. Even when I have an out to their madness (99% of the time). Call it a cyclist's revenge.

I practice getting onto that horn button like I practice my EDC holster draws. Repetition and muscle memory. I'm not kidding...'cause these situations can come on awfully fast!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts