Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out riding with my friend and we stopped for a photo. I put my leg over his Multistrada Pikes Peak ES with the engine OFF, the bike felt "solid as a rock" absolutely NO suspension travel :oops:and I mean "nada" I tried to rock the bike back and forth to make it spring...to no avail.

Friend said that's how Ducati does ES, he straddled my ATAS (with engine OFF) and nearly fell over :ROFLMAO: ... didn't expect 3-4 inches of suspension travel, when stationary.

Wondering why are the Italian ES systems so different?

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea about the suspension but the AT even in RWB colourway * is a beautiful looking bike. Some like the Multis but to me they are fugly.

* only joking although matt black is definitely the best
:) hard to find that Most beautiful motorcycle and I mean beautiful "From EVERY angle"...I like the look of my latest ATAS, but I have to admit "not perfect from every angle" especially the frontal;
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting White

...and yes Multi's are "not perfect" either, strange because Italians usually know how to make "sexy and pretty" things
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,930 Posts
That is a CRF1000, I think it looks ok but the 2020> look good from the front in my opinion especially the matt black ones but every one is different and likes different things thankfully or we would all be clones.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a CRF1000, I think it looks ok but the 2020> look good from the front in my opinion especially the matt black ones but every one is different and likes different things thankfully or we would all be clones.
Yes the '22 ATAS looks better but (to me) the AT still looks "so skinny" (like a gazelle) compared to other ADV's with a "more beefy" (Rhino) look :)
... maybe once I add guards, side bags, Rotopaxes, Aux's etc it will look "more Starbucks ready" :D
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive design

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah, not for me, I am a wee fat barsteward, prefer my bike to be svelte :)
maybe I find the AT skinny, because some of my previous bikes were: "substantial big pigs" :unsure: (GL1500 GW, GL1800 GW, Kawi C1400 Connie, Honda Blackbird XX1100, blue FJR, silver FJR ?) :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
out riding with my friend and we stopped for a photo. I put my leg over his Multistrada Pikes Peak ES with the engine OFF, the bike felt "solid as a rock" absolutely NO suspension travel :oops:and I mean "nada" I tried to rock the bike back and forth to make it spring...to no avail.

Friend said that's how Ducati does ES, he straddled my ATAS (with engine OFF) and nearly fell over :ROFLMAO: ... didn't expect 3-4 inches of suspension travel, when stationary.

Wondering why are the Italian ES systems so different?

View attachment 75559
Just look at the wheels. One is a dirt-bike and one is a sport-bike, the suspension action reflects this bias.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just look at the wheels. One is a dirt-bike and one is a sport-bike, the suspension action reflects this bias.
I got that...but I was expecting "some flex"...but it was like trying to get a concrete wall to bounce, never experienced that before on any bikes :unsure:

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found a very detailed explanation on Multistrada ES:

"Skyhook" suspension, semi-active electronics have arrived in motorcycles.
The new suspension is motorcycling's first semi-active system, along with the BMW HP4's. It works by continuously altering the damping front and rear according to a wide range of parameters, but the most important is its response to the speed of movement of the suspension. This is measured by two sensors at each end of the bike.....
more here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts