Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, new here on the forum, new to the magnificent AT. Mine is bog standard at the mo, but I want to do some trail riding.... So....
Engine bars..
Peoples experience?
Recommended products?
Which bend and are made of cheese?
Which are solid are stand repeated abuse?
I've seen the Renntec ones and to be honest, they look good and strong, decent price too.
Anybody tried them?
Which else are decent?
Cheers in advance for any nuggets of info.
I'm in the UK btw.
Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Rob,

I have the Hepco Becker uppers with Black Dog Cycle Works Lower crash bars and their connecting links. Previously had the BDCW skid plate, but recently switched to the Altrider one with no fitting issues.

The big question is how much abuse/off road riding you plan to do.

Also worth keeping in mind is which skid plate you have or want to add as not all list crash bars will play nice with all skid plates.

For example, you cannot use the list Touratech crash bars with the Altrider skid plate without modification.

Pic attached of my bike properly dirty.

Hello everybody, new here on the forum, new to the magnificent AT. Mine is bog standard at the mo, but I want to do some trail riding.... So....
Engine bars..
Peoples experience?
Recommended products?
Which bend and are made of cheese?
Which are solid are stand repeated abuse?
I've seen the Renntec ones and to be honest, they look good and strong, decent price too.
Anybody tried them?
Which else are decent?
Cheers in advance for any nuggets of info.
I'm in the UK btw.
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello

I am using the HEED bars, they are solid, fit perfectly, offer good protection, well made and look good. I got them off ebay, they are the cheapest thing I have bought for this bike but one of the best. They were £220 on ebay delivered, came quick and were well packaged. I am using Metzeler Karoo 3's as well as with the OEM tyres I almost fell off every 10 seconds on muddy tracks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and thanks for your replies. I like the Alt rider stuff, but being as I'm in the UK the shipping alone makes it unviable.
Heed look good too, but again, not UK so I'm still looking around.
Bash plates are a good question, it remains to be seen exactly how much off roading I do, but definitely a good idea.
So far, I'm still liking the look of the UK Renntec bars. 3 point mounting makes them stronger than most I would say.

https://renntec.com/honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-abs-dec-15-on-lower-engine-bars-in-black.html

https://renntec.com/honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-abs-dec-15-on-front-cowl-guard-in-black.html

Any thoughts on these?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts