Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been posted all over here, but tightened my chain yesterda, then ran my DCT in gear upon the centre stand. Finished pratting about & went for a spin. Noticed the engine light on. Looked in the book with horror. Go to the dealer......
My dealer is miles away.
Found a useful tip on here (can’t find it now, but I’ll post the screenshot). Involved a paper clip and the red socket under the seat. The bike obviously didn’t like the back wheel moving in gear, with the front stationary.
I’d buy this bloke a beer if I could. Thank goodness for paper clips !

·
Super Moderator
6,419 Posts
Yes, I have read this before and is good to know. I have "free wheeled" my '19 AT on the centerstand in gear a few times for minutes at-a-time and did not get into the error situation.

I continue to keep this issue in mind should it happen. Maybe a [safety] software "bug" that Honda has since changed? Don't know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ye, possibly. Just thought I’d put it out there. I’ve ordered a little switched plug, that I’m going to leave permanently plugged in. Can see it being a fairly regular occurrence for me.
take it easy mate.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I do not think you should leave the plug permanently connected unless at least you put an On-Off switch on the bridge wire. This is what I did for mine, but still do not keep it plugged all the time. I do carry it with me, all the time though along with a print out of the error codes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Petros, The one I’ve ordered has a switch on it. I may or may not leave it plugged in to be honest. I wouldn’t like it to accidentally get switched on, that wouldn’t be good. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts