Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Africa Twin CRF1000. Sometimes when idling at a stop for a few seconds and start going again, the engine will pop or spudder slightly then runs fine. When I asked the dealer about it they said it was normal. Does anyone else have this issue? I run premium gas in it and it never sits more than a week without running.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I would say it’s not normal but it’s not unusual from many posts on this forum. Mine is a 2017 and never does it. The 2018 sport demonstrator I rode last week did it several times
Mike

·
Registered
285 Posts
Interestingly I have found the following:

Bike was sometimes misfiring/spluttering on rapid throttle opening from idle.

Installed the Rapid Bike Easy 90% less misfiring..

Removed the Rapid Bike Easy after about 1000km , bike still had less misfiring than before installation..

Replaced standard oil to the Honda full synthetic oil at 12000k service..

Now after 17000km there is no sign of misfire, absolutely nothing, it completely disappeared which is strange..

Ps. I have a 2017 model

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine seemed to stop popping after I installed a booster plug. But this spring it's popping all the time again, probably 5 or 10 times per ride. Not sure what it is. 20,000km on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts