Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yours sounds better than mine did, kept making an unusual noise, checked the oil level, the dealer had only put it about halfway up on the dipstick,(while upright). Took it in they thought it was the clutch, checked it and so far so good. Clutch is a bit noisy but if it does not sound normal to you, take it in while under warranty and at least get some peace of mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yours sounds better than mine did, kept making an unusual noise, checked the oil level, the dealer had only put it about halfway up on the dipstick,(while upright). Took it in they thought it was the clutch, checked it and so far so good. Clutch is a bit noisy but if it does not sound normal to you, take it in while under warranty and at least get some peace of mind.
Full is halfway up the dipstick (while upright), you go over that mark and it will end up in your airbox drain tube.

And I think some of us come from a dirt bike background and some come from a street bike background. I think the engine sounds wonderful but yes there is noise from the clutch area....it's rotating in a bath of oil with thin cases. If you've ridden big singles for 3 decades, you wouldn't be worried about the noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
YEP! even in Downunder Australia where the sink water drains and rotates in the opposite direction, the AT's sound like this :)
As usual though, if your worried, keep an ear on it, and advise your Dealer if it gets worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts