Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly probably won’t fit on my AT because of the Givi crash bars. Almost tempted to take them off just for this!

This guy on Ebay is selling his bike with it, does anyone know who makes it? Looks amazing and he Says he does a lot of off road.

Before you all say carbon isn’t as good as alloy for bash plates, I’ve got some pictures of Toby Price’s Dakar bike that I took at the London bike show last weekend. Looks pretty similar although ofc could be made completely differently.

Thought some of you might like to see this or have on your bikes!

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Don't know but CF is the shizzle.

CF is definitely better aluminum alloy especially when it comes to weight comparisons but I think alloy takes a better beating than CF, aesthetically speaking, of course. LOL

With that said, if I was in the market for a CF skid plate (which I may still consider doing) I'd pick below:

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
CF looks very pretty when shinny & new but it doesnt take long for them to look like poo once they get scratched up, I think they are more suited to just bling your bike up when it doesnt get used off road

1 - 5 of 5 Posts