41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Just needs a sign that says “ Leaving Dodge”

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hmm, pressure is mounting in Canada regarding making it a provincial order (possibly a federal order) to make people stay at home.

This would make it challenging to "justify" riding a motorcycle on essentially empty roads, even if you are essentially "isolated". :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Hmm, pressure is mounting in Canada regarding making it a provincial order (possibly a federal order) to make people stay at home.

This would make it challenging to "justify" riding a motorcycle on essentially empty roads, even if you are essentially "isolated". :confused:
Empty roads are essential for save motorcycle riding, what more would you need to justify? You could say that you are actually in transit from one trail to another and aren’t really going anywhere “on road” as it were...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
It appears Ontario has mandated non-essential businesses to close March 24, 2020 11:59 pm for at least 14 days.

Would-be riders be aware.
Adventure Bike riding is essential....
Essential to ones mental health :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts
We are pretty much on a shelter at home order in Colorado. They even closed down Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday along with all hotels, motels and rental properties in nearby Estes Park.

Denver has gone a little further than our neighborhood so far. I understand recreational pot shops will be closed, but the medical ones can stay open. Maybe I should have gotten a medical card. I may need some before this is over. I think liqour stores may also be closing in Denver, except for delivery.

In my neighborhood, restaurants are all closed except for pickup and delivery. All bars, breweries, theaters closed. Non-essential medical practices such as my wife's Dental practice closed for a month except for emergency procedures IF you can arrange it.

We are asked to go to the grocery store just once a week and to try to walk on off hours to limit foot traffic on the paths and avoid people.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Well I guess for me the upside is.. I usually try to avoid people anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
We are pretty much on a shelter at home order in Colorado. They even closed down Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday along with all hotels, motels and rental properties in nearby Estes Park.

Denver has gone a little further than our neighborhood so far. I understand recreational pot shops will be closed, but the medical ones can stay open. Maybe I should have gotten a medical card. I may need some before this is over. I think liqour stores may also be closing in Denver, except for delivery.

In my neighborhood, restaurants are all closed except for pickup and delivery. All bars, breweries, theaters closed. Non-essential medical practices such as my wife's Dental practice closed for a month except for emergency procedures IF you can arrange it.

We are asked to go to the grocery store just once a week and to try to walk on off hours to limit foot traffic on the paths and avoid people.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
well not having access to pot and liquor at home in my book equates to “cruel and unusual punishment “

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts
They haven't closed the recreational dispensaries or liquor stores outside of Denver County, yet. But that could be coming any day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Things have finally quieted down a bit here. Take out food only, bars closed, health clubs. Hotels all closed. It's getting more difficult to find what you need at the grocery stores..... Still no tp. Eggs, milk, bread, meat, dairy in general is scarce.

Apparently airbnb is thriving here with people fleeing new york and other places... Ads touting virus free, which is now false. This is also contributing to low supplies.

Parks, hiking trails, mtb trails, Lowe's, home depot, all slammed packed with people.

Im still working, but there's nothing else on the schedule after next week, everybody canceled. I think in the next week it's going to be a whole different world here. The area was woefully behind in getting ready. Interstates still moving along like normal, planes still coming in. We have only 1000 hospital beds in the area for an estimated 450,000 people.

Very scared about finances which is why I'm still working. I don't want to lose what little work I have left, so I've done no riding. That may change soon, unless we get some travel restrictions, which is starting to seem unlikely based on what the top guy is saying from the white house. We shall see.

Stay safe and healthy out there.

·
Registered
731 Posts
On a bright note, "ground zero" China province is lifting restrictions for people and business. Wuhan still has restrictions, but nevertheless, much better than in January/February.

Agreed. In about one week things are going to look different in North America (even more than today).

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Well at least companies and creditors have quickly adopted a profit before people attitude here in Michigan “ **** the body count full profits ahead” so our business will be fine..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ontario says essential services only remain in operation for the next two weeks or more. Can't figure how liquor stores, beer stores and pot shops qualify. There will most likely be more people in those three types of stores than there ever was in the bars which are now closed. Does that say more about the priorities of our politicians that we really want to know?

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
It will be a shame if things get weird like, "East vs. West", or some sort of inter-State Line border control. :rolleyes:
All I can say to you DT is you better keep those Canadian Geese in Canada where the belong. ROFL Just kidding

41 - 60 of 90 Posts