Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gee, I hope by the time you receive them, bum wipe won't be given away free as part of the Fed's epic $6 trillion financial aid package.

$6T? Where does that come from?
Same place as the $8.2 billion the Canadian government is promising comes from. Taxpayer pockets, although they won't admit it until it has been spent.

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Same place as the $8.2 billion the Canadian government is promising comes from. Taxpayer pockets, although they won't admit it until it has been spent.
Don’t forget it will be an income on your next years tax return, just like I imagine ours will be here in the states...

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
Gee, I hope by the time you receive them, bum wipe won't be given away free as part of the Fed's epic $6 trillion financial aid package.

$6T? Where does that come from?
Right? We really just wanted to try one. So it will be an interesting experience no matter which one shows up, if any of them actually do :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, just throwing this out there.

Commercial buildings should have a high MERV rating, HEPA certification, to the level that filters viruses and bacteria.

If I can run them in my house for $30 extra per year, businesses can afford them.

Positive air pressure and HEPA filtration would put a huge dent in virus transmission.

I use a hydroxyl radical Winix PlasmaWave machine. Kills everything in the air.

Scroll down the page...

I have two IQAir machines; one one each floor. The one upstairs HEPA and 12 lbs of charcoal. The once downstairs has their HyperHEPA that filters **** from getting into your bloodstream. It’s that good.

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
Colorado Parks and Wildlife closed all of its playgrounds, campgrounds and camping facilities. The Forest Service is closing campgrounds, restrooms, “developed” trailheads (i.e. trailheads with bathrooms, picnic areas and parking lots), cabin and fire outlook rentals, picnic sites and trash cans. Fishing, hunting and trail use are “discouraged."

“Rocky Mountain Region officials are temporarily discouraging continued recreational use on the national forests and grasslands,” the U.S. Forest Service release reads. “While trails and roads may be open for use, facilities like visitor centers, entrance kiosks, restrooms and more will be closed."

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts

Commercial buildings should have a high MERV rating, HEPA certification, to the level that filters viruses and bacteria.

If I can run them in my house for $30 extra per year, businesses can afford them.

Positive air pressure and HEPA filtration would put a huge dent in virus transmission.
Not this virus they won't. Transmission is via two routes, 1. close proximity inhalation. An infected person standing within a few feet and talking to you, or coughs. And 2. An infected person touches a surface which you then touch. You pick up the virus on your hands and unless you wash your hands very soon afterwards, that virus is going to end up on your face or in your mouth when you involuntarily touch it.

No external filter will give protection in either scenario. And these are the ways everyone who has it, has caught it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not this virus they won't. Transmission is via two routes, 1. close proximity inhalation. An infected person standing within a few feet and talking to you, or coughs. And 2. An infected person touches a surface which you then touch. You pick up the virus on your hands and unless you wash your hands very soon afterwards, that virus is going to end up on your face or in your mouth when you involuntarily touch it.

No external filter will give protection in either scenario. And these are the ways everyone who has it, has caught it.
BS. For one I never said an external filter. Not sure what you are talking about . Two, yes absolutely a system moving air that filters viruses will filter viruses.

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts

I use a hydroxyl radical Winix PlasmaWave machine. Kills everything in the air.

Scroll down the page...

I have two IQAir machines; one one each floor. The one upstairs HEPA and 12 lbs of charcoal. The once downstairs has their HyperHEPA that filters **** from getting into your bloodstream. It’s that good.

BS. For one I never said an external filter. Not sure what you are talking about . Two, yes absolutely a system moving air that filters viruses will filter viruses.
the simple problem is: if air can pass through it, so can AND do other things. This is why all filtration systems can only claim a 99.9% rate at most. Hospitals can not even just filter out all the crap in the air but also use other means to just kill the viruses & germs and last I read, they currently have two that they can not get rid of.

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
the simple problem is: if air can pass through it, so can AND do other things.
That is the problem with a lot of these homemade masks. There is a guy here in Colorado who is making and says he plans to donate them to emergency personnel. The thought is wonderful, but he is making them from antimicrobial cloth that he has from some other business.

The issue of using antimicrobial cloth, at least if I understand the principle of that cloth correctly, is that it is designed to prevent bacteria and other microorganisms from attaching to the fabric surface. If microbes don't attach to the surface and these masks contain no other means of filtration, it seems to me they will pass straight through. If so, would that not render these well-intentioned masks all but useless?

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
That is the problem with a lot of these homemade masks. There is a guy here in Colorado who is making and says he plans to donate them. The thought is wonderful, but he is making them from antimicrobial cloth that he has from some other business.

The issue of using antimicrobial cloth, at least if I understand the principle of that cloth correctly, is that it is designed to prevent bacteria and other microorganisms from attaching to the fabric surface. If microbes don't attach to the surface and these masks contain no other means of filtration, it seems to me they will pass straight through. If so, would that not render these well-intentioned masks all but useless?
Undamaged sealed positive pressure suits are the only 100% effective way of protection, lol but then you have the dangers of removing them. As with ANY mask it’s only as good as it’s seal around your mouth and nose, along with (as you already pointed out) the media it’s assembled from.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It doesn't matter if the cloth is antimicrobial or not, for the purpose most needed now. To prevent transmission of this particular virus it doesn't matter at all. A virus is not a microbe. It's not a microorganism. It's not even alive in any sense that you might understand. This particular virus is nothing more than a bag made of fat that contains a few lines of 'code'. All the mask has to do is catch water droplets. That's it. If someone coughs in your face you will be sprayed with water droplets. If that person is infected with coronavirus then those water droplets will be teeming with them. So long as the material used is of a high enough thread count, or thick enough so that these water droplets stay on the outside as the wearer breathes. That is all that's needed.

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
It doesn't matter if the cloth is antimicrobial or not, for the purpose most needed now. To prevent transmission of this particular virus it doesn't matter at all. A virus is not a microbe. It's not a microorganism. It's not even alive in any sense that you might understand. This particular virus is nothing more than a bag made of fat that contains a few lines of 'code'. All the mask has to do is catch water droplets. That's it. If someone coughs in your face you will be sprayed with water droplets. If that person is infected with coronavirus then those water droplets will be teeming with them. So long as the material used is of a high enough thread count, or thick enough so that these water droplets stay on the outside as the wearer breathes. That is all that's needed.
Microbes include bacteria, archaea, viruses, fungi, prions, protozoa, and algae. A virus actually is a small microbe, particularly how it relates to the antimicrobial fabric.

That aside, there has been some evidence that coronavirus may be spread through aerosolization. If this is true, then just preventing droplets, which only travel a short distance may not be enough.

·
Registered
407 Posts
you're overthinking. But, I dont 'do' internet arguments.

Aside from a final comment. Aerosols is just a rather more technical name for what i described in my previous comment. water droplets. its the same thing. i tend to use plain language.. technical terms just complicates matters.

In common with all life on this planet. virus particles are aquatic. though they can "survive" for a short amount of time outside of water. some longer than others. The coronavirus has an outer membrane made from 'fat' which is resistant to breaking down outside of an aquatic environment for a short amount of time. I have yet to see positive results from research on the longevity of this particular virus on surfaces once the water that got it there has evaporated. so, its best to err on the side of caution and wash hands in soap/detergent regularly. As soap destroys the viral membrane very quickly and the virus then is as nothing.

The primary source of infection is from the breath of an infected person. you can call that water droplets. you can be more technical and call it an aerosol. it hardly matters. the end result is the same.

Im not going to revisit this thread.

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
LOL! Bottom line unless one of us here (including me) is a doctor of microbiology, we are all just guessing on what is or works best by what we’ve read. And we ALL know just cause it’s on the internet......

81 - 100 of 134 Posts