Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im new to this type of thing. hope someone can settle my mind. i have a 2017 at, current mods are a booster plug and cat removal. i did notice that one exhaust manifold is blue and the other is yellowish. i know metals well and know heat effects etc, however does anyone else notice a similar issue. the pipe that is blue is the shorter cylinder on the right side (if sitting on bike). with the booster plug it should not be running lean whatsoever and since having installed that there have been no issues with backfires or the pop and stall issue. the difference has been there since before the booster plug and the cat mod.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Nevs,

Just had a look at mine; Akra ss headers, Booster Plug, de catted and Akra Ti slip-on box. Done circa 1k miles in this configuration, pushing it quite hard for some of them, I see absolutely no colour differential between the two headers, both are a light straw colour. Perhaps you need to take a closer look, with a BP you should be running quite cool which helps to preserve the valves. Seems one cylinder is running hotter than the other :confused:, I hope you get to the bottom of it.

M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts