Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed with my riding position, that the back of my right boot is scratching the plastic exhaust cover just behind my right foot peg. Does any know of any aftermarket protectors for this area? It's a 3D shape so not that easy to just cover in a piece of carbon effect vinyl sheet! Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You guys must all have massive feet haha. I wear size 47/12 and with my boots I don't touch unless standing on the fore part of my feet with them flat.
But thinking about it, do you have the oem footpegs? WhenI still used them, my feet were tight to the bike, almost more over the fix point of the pegs, otherwise half my boot would stick over the peg. I added the SW Motech ebay rip off foot peg enlargers and now my boot rests clear of the bike. That extra inch gives a lot more space at the back. So before removing the cover maybe try placing your foot further out on the peg and if that helps consider larger pegs. Just an idea!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me it is the comfortable position of my foot when riding. I can consciously move it forward so it doesn't touch but it is not a natural position for me. It may be that I have the problem, as riding my off-road bike I do the same, foot back away from the rear brake. I tried the seat on the lower setting but it felt cramped. I don't really want to go for a high seat option as I would like to be able to easily touch the floor! (I'm 5'11").

1 - 5 of 5 Posts