Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my Africa Twin for 3 weeks now. I noticed a small dent on the exhaust that probably happened by someone parking a bike/scooter next to mine. It's very small and can't almost see it, however I would like to protect the exhaust from future dents.

Does anyone know if such a protection exists?

Thanks !

Miguel

·
Registered
96 Posts
It depends on what you are trying to stop from denting it if you are trying to protect it from being dented in a fall. A pannier and or a rack would most likely do that. If you are being accosted by scooter riding trendies my advice would be to construct a elaborate system of live electrical wires around your bike so that any of the previously mentioned trendies receive a nasty shock if they do knock into your bike. Although you might have to check if this kind of device would be legal in your location.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not so worried about denting it in a fall - fingers crossed! (and that would probably result in more than a dent).

It's the little things like some guy's backpack hitting it when coming off his bike/scooter...

I saw this on the web : https://www.carpimoto.com/en-NZ/482...-Honda-Africa-Twin-CRF1000L-stock-Exhaust.htm

But it only protects the lower part of the exhaust. I'm looking for something that would protect the aluminum color part (upper part).
Besides, I also think it would look better if it was black (my AT is matte black).

Yeah, I would most certainly have problems with the Swiss law if I install some electric protection on the bike ! Nice thought though... ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts