Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call on Tuesday from the dealer I bought my 2020 ATAS saying I need to bring her in for a factory recall safety check on the ABS pump. Sitting waiting at the dealer now for them to check the pump serial numbers against the recall list from Honda SA HQ.
Anyone else had this recall for their 2020 ATAS ABS pump?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,180 Posts
I’ve read elsewhere about this and a few people taking their bikes in and at that time waiting forever for the parts. Not to worry you, but, it seems Honda did the recall and at the same time had a slight shortage of pumps due to COVID.

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT
27 Posts
I’ve read elsewhere about this and a few people taking their bikes in and at that time waiting forever for the parts. Not to worry you, but, it seems Honda did the recall and at the same time had a slight shortage of pumps due to COVID.
Honda still seems to have a shortage of parts and not just on recall items. I bought my bike two or so months ago and wanted some extras, none were available at the time and still not available at the first service and still not in yet. Hopefully the heated grips come in soon, it is starting to get colder here :D

It is not just Honda though, I repair and fit out fishing boats and trying to get hold of propellers for Yamaha outboards is impossible, a couple of new Cheetah Catamarans I recently fitted out were having to use Mercury props.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,180 Posts
Honda still seems to have a shortage of parts and not just on recall items. I bought my bike two or so months ago and wanted some extras, none were available at the time and still not available at the first service and still not in yet. Hopefully the heated grips come in soon, it is starting to get colder here :D

It is not just Honda though, I repair and fit out fishing boats and trying to get hold of propellers for Yamaha outboards is impossible, a couple of new Cheetah Catamarans I recently fitted out were having to use Mercury props.
You ain’t kidding….

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my ABS pump is one that must be replaced. Luckily they can have a replacement one at the dealer by tomorrow afternoon, so will take it back in next week for the replacement.

·
Registered
662 Posts

A repair shop near me is refusing to take on small and boat engine work at this time. He can't get many of the small rubber parts needed. His suppliers won't take a new order and the back order list is near the point of being erased. The suppliers recommend calling back in 2022.

·
Super Moderator
6,966 Posts
A repair shop near me is refusing to take on small and boat engine work at this time. He can't get many of the small rubber parts needed. His suppliers won't take a new order and the back order list is near the point of being erased. The suppliers recommend calling back in 2022.
If this is one way Nature is getting humans to consume less, then it might be working - for now.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Got a call on Tuesday from the dealer I bought my 2020 ATAS saying I need to bring her in for a factory recall safety check on the ABS pump. Sitting waiting at the dealer now for them to check the pump serial numbers against the recall list from Honda SA HQ.
Anyone else had this recall for their 2020 ATAS ABS pump?
I know of a friend's vehicle that was also repaired due to a defective ABS (warning light on) in the ATAS.
The dealer response seems to have been to replace the ABS unit.
There is no information on the recall in Japan yet. Do you have any detailed information?

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Sports equipment Helmet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They replaced my ABS pump module on Monday as they promised. What I have noticed since the replacement is that I no longer hear/feel the ABS unit operating when i apply front and rear brakes when slowing down to a stop (not hard braking).

Previously I could hear/feel the ABS activating with almost every stop at a traffic light or stop sign when I used both brakes to stop the bike. This was not even under hard braking, just regular commute riding. With the new unit installed I cannot feel or hear it activating anymore. Maybe it was a problem with the brake balancing between front and rear or just a dodgy release valve? Who knows.

The new one is in and the bike is running fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts