Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Fastrax Xtreme Tank Bag - a steal

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  AT-Dragon 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel like I stole this bag.... It was on sale w/shipping $38.75, in a word; insane... Very well put together, quality work in the stitching, no threads hanging or over stitching, material is on par, nothing looks or seems of poor quality. It sure doesn’t look like a big you could get for well under 100$. Inside the dividers are nice, with Velcro that can be placed at any point. Good sealed double zipper on the lid with a storm flap over it. So far I’m thinking it is perfect for what I got it for: just for trips/touring..

Next comes the mounting..

well it won’t work :( as a tank bag a bit to long and to high, the handlebars really crunch in the front corners if it’s mounted as far back on the tank as it can go. Though If you mount it with the front edge just behind the gas cap and the tail of the bag going on the top front part of the seat the handlebars will clear the corners, but then you’re almost sitting on the bag. It would mount nicely on the passenger seat, but that’s usually were I strap my tent down. Hadn’t really paid attention to just how little space is actually between the seat and the bars..

See less See more
Reactions: DoubleThumper
#5 ·
it is... Unfortunately it doesn’t fit well on the AT, at least not on the tank...

#3 ·
Now is this a tank bag or a tail bag? I see the package says Tail. Does it have the straps to be a tank bag? I have a couple of tail bags, a Wokfman and something else, but neither has the ability to be mounted as a tail bag without modifications.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
It’s a tank bag, but it could be mounted as a tail bag too, not a lot of curve in it, it would have a bit of an odd wedge shape to it though...

well it won’t work:( as a tank bag on ATAS it’s a bit to long and to high, the handlebars really crunch in the front corners if it’s mounted as far back on the tank as it can go. Though If you mount it with the front edge just behind the gas cap and the tail of the bag going on the top front part of the seat the handlebars will clear the corners, but then you’re almost sitting on the bag. It would mount nicely on the passenger seat, but that’s usually were I strap my tent down. Hadn’t really paid attention to just how little space is actually between the seat and the bars..

#6 ·
Maybe I’m just being to picky?
maybe I’ll strap it down and see, I haven’t done that yet, I just sat on that tank and it looked way to wide, so I just held it there while I turned the bars and they started to hit the corners at about half way to a full turn. It’s not like you can’t turn the bars fully (and how often does that happen). Even if it was packed full of stuff and the bag stopped the handlebars from a full turn, a quick unbuckle of the front of the bag would get it out of the way. Hmmmm,

Anyone else using a tank bag?
what kind?
issues with the handlebars hitting it?

#7 ·
I am using a Mosko Nomad. No issues with the handlebars hitting it, but it is a low profile bag.

I may pick up one of those bags for a tail bag if I can't figure out what I did with the other Wolfman one. Sometimes my wife and I like the tail bags vs tank bags just to throw some crap in for a day ride.

#8 ·
I am using a Mosko Nomad. No issues with the handlebars hitting it, but it is a low profile bag.

I may pick up one of those bags for a tail bag if I can't figure out what I did with the other Wolfman one. Sometimes my wife and I like the tail bags vs tank bags just to throw some crap in for a day ride.
It sets pretty flat, just would have a wedge shape.. lol I guess a aerodynamic shape(?)
the issue with the bars is I think cause of the width, it’s not no taller than any other large size tank bag.
I'm gonna mount it just to see, I‘ll post some more pics after I do...
a shame it didn’t fit better, it is a really nice bag for the buck..

Reactions: Cuchulainn
#10 · (Edited)
Well this one, of course, has the strap points on all four corners, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to attach them somewhere on the back rack.
its not like I really need more storage space, I have MOLLE points on my top box and have small bags for that or I can attach any size bag with a MOLLE attachment. Plus I have MOLLE points on my panniers that could hold small bags too (right now they have water bottle attachments). Plus two small bags that will go on the OEM lighbar.
See below pics

Although the bags are not waterproof that can be fixed by using a gallon ziplock bag inside them.

Reactions: DoubleThumper
#11 ·
I'm using an altrider tank bag I found on Craigslist for $75. It's perfect in every way for me except the map holder is too small. I want to attach some velcro to it to affix a larger one. Even though it comes with its own drybag, it has proven itself waterproof. It's very similar to the giant loop fandango. Similar in fit to the Wolfman Blackhawk.

Mine is getting pretty faded and ratty so will most likely try the giant loop next.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Adventure

#12 ·
I'm using an altrider tank bag I found on Craigslist for $75. It's perfect in every way for me except the map holder is too small. I want to attach some velcro to it to affix a larger one. Even though it comes with its own drybag, it has proven itself waterproof. It's very similar to the giant loop fandango. Similar in fit to the Wolfman Blackhawk.

Mine is getting pretty faded and ratty so will most likely try the giant loop next.

View attachment 53444
Not a bad price
Good looking bag too
From the looks of yours mine is a LOT wider
Thanks

Reactions: Amphib
#14 ·
yep the one I have is much wider for sure..
when I get a minute I’m gonna mount it, I’ll post some pics .
thanks for posting a picture

Reactions: Amphib
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.