Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello from British Columbia Canada. After a 950S, 990, 1190, and 450 orange brand bikes (are we allowed to post that manufactures name :) haven't read the forum rules yet) I decided to try something a little different, it was in a crate Saturday morning and on the gravel Sat. evening and Sunday then a 400km trip home today, and I am loving it I was a little worried about making the big switch but I believe this bike suits me better in every way. I will post some pics once I figure that out, stupid photobucket... I hope I can contribute to the group in the near future but for now I will probably just be a pain in the Butt. Oh one other thing did anybody's 2017 have the foot pegs mixed up with those of a Honda grom I think mine did :laugh: David D. LET THE FARKLEING BEGIN

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats Devildogg,

Wow, you let go the 1190 for the AT. Please post a comparative review after a few hundred km. I am happy with my AT but sometimes I wish I had gone for the 1190r or 1090r.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats Devildogg,

Wow, you let go the 1190 for the AT. Please post a comparative review after a few hundred km. I am happy with my AT but sometimes I wish I had gone for the 1190r or 1090r.
Nothing wrong with the 1190 I just wanted a change, I am a bit of a low tech guy and the 1190S with electronic suspension small tires and shorter suspension wasn't what I wanted I missed my 950S off road capabailities. My favorite bikes that I have owned were my DS1000 Multi, my 950S KTM and yes don't laugh my 05 Vstrom 1000 the AT is as close as you can come to the 950, in my books its a great bike and I don't need the power or the accompanying thigh melting heat the 1190 produced. I actually went in with intention of buying the 1090R but the AT won out, sucker for gold rims That's about as much a review as I will do

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome, you will not have any regrets. I took the AT into some country this week I should not have been in. Extremely rough, rocky, steep terrain and it amazed me with its capabilities. Hops over medium sized logs with ease and makes boulder fields manageable. But don' t try it with the stock tires, as I am sure you are aware, they don't do the bike justice off road or in loose terrain.

Enjoy the new toy and ride safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha i dont know if i will ride it that aggresivly i have other tools for that and i dont think i am that good of a rider

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts