Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling some of my Vintage Goldwings this week, I put together enough $$$ to pick up the AT/DCT today. But enough about me, the guys at H&W Honda in Marshall Texas bent over backwards to make it happen. Could not be happier, I rode a couple of miles before I pulled the trigger. That was enough to convince me. A whole lot of years ago I rode a Husqvarna 420 on the Texas Enduro circuit. Absolutely loved it but it had a few idiosyncrasies like freewheeling into corners. This bike had me at the start. Cannot wait to get in the dirt. But first, the accessories....center stand, panniers? Meh. I will read about the things you folks are doing and will catch up! Picture attached with wifely lovin' on the AT.

Vintage_Snyder
Town of the Cow

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2016 but really the right price!!

Congrads too! My DCT will be here 1st week of April. Wait seems like forever. Did you score a 2017 DCT?
Saved thousands over list. Accessories at cost, an amazing transaction!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You'll love the DCT.
Had mine since July last year and only clocked up 19,000km so far.
Still getting used to a DCT off road.
Went to a talk (Dave Moss) the other night on suspection and was told to put a longer spring on the rear shock, as the factory one is no good for two up riding or if you're over 100kg.
Also have a 1992 GL1500A (plus a trailer) that the wife and I use for touring around NZ.
Enjoy your new bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts