Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Tuesday SHOULD be the day I'll get to head to the dealer and trade in my current bike. I'm trying to go in there smart and not make any mistakes like I've done in the past.
My previous purchase at a dealer was abysmal. I got screwed royally. I now know what to look for, etc. I'm making this post to ask if I am expecting realistic numbers.

I expect to get this AT for 9.5-10.5k, MAYBE 9k if I'm lucky. That's a big spectrum there I know, but I'll know for sure when they open Tuesday and they'll be able to value my trade-in. Being realistic with my trade, I expect to get 6k for my 2018 HD Lowrider with 49k miles. Thing is, I owe 10k on that bike. So I'm going to pay the 4k differential out of pocket of course.

That leaves me with 2.6k to put down on this AT. My question is, what kind of dealer fees should I expect? Doing some research, this is what I gathered...

Sales tax at 6% for 10k is obviously a $600 fee.
Registration fee for FL is $225
Document fee from my limited research online is usually $800...

I'm not sure if I'll pay a freight fee or anything like that? This is a new leftover 2018 model, do you guys think I'm not taking something into account? I'm expecting 11.6k out the door... That's pretty hard to swallow. Hopefully, that document fee is on the high side of things.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just text the Dealer and ask the 'Out the door price.'

The 'extras' are normally: Freight, setup and document fees and sales tax.

Since you have a trade, they will try to 'low ball' you and will say that: "How can they give you what you want for your bike if they have discounted their's so much by showing the 'suggested list price,' somehow forgetting that they are selling a 2018 when the 2020's are setting on the floor.

Sam:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just text the Dealer and ask the 'Out the door price.'

The 'extras' are normally: Freight, setup and document fees and sales tax.

Since you have a trade, they will try to 'low ball' you and will say that: "How can they give you what you want for your bike if they have discounted their's so much by showing the 'suggested list price,' somehow forgetting that they are selling a 2018 when the 2020's are setting on the floor.

Sam:)
Really appreciate the reply man, I will definitely keep that in mind. If they can't give me the numbers that I need, I'll just have turn my head and walk away haha. Here's to hoping they can give me what I need to see!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got a 2018 manual w 1 mile on it for $9125 +++. OTD w taxes and fees was $10,660 Including $185 freight $367 setup, sales tax was $695, doc fees were $244, tag fee $44. No trade in and I paid cash.
What state was that in my friend? Thanks for the post, really appreciate your valuable info. If I can keep it under 11k out the door, I have no problem getting the AT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts