Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its a long story for those interested but I gave my local dealer a verbal commitment for a AT DCT back when Honda opened ordering. I was the second one on his list and waited for word on delivery. Well he received his first one in early June a Red Std and it was picked up soon after arrival. I was being patient but as I've seen post of guys getting their ATs I got curious and started to call all dealers within 75 miles from my home. I asked all dealers if they had any ATs and how many they have sold. Some dealer had ATs in stock but no DCTs except this one who had just received two, a Red Std and a Silver DCT. I talked to my dealer and he called the dealer to ask if he would let the DCT go but he said he just got them and would like to keep them to draw floor traffic. Well now 7 weeks later I just happened to check this dealers web site and believe it or not he was still sitting on both ATs and has reduced the price by just about $2000. Again I had my dealer call him to see if he would leave the DCT go but again he said no. My dealer knows I want a first year model and says his sales rep indicated to him that the ATs being delivered in November will most likely be 2017 models so he told me to go get the DCT from this other dealer. I called the other dealer and gave him a deposit over the phone and I pick the bike up this Saturday. Its been a long wait but the $2000 discount makes it a little worth while. A 2016 Silver DCT Africa Twin OTD for $13,489.04

1 - 2 of 2 Posts