Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search began, the debate of DCT vs Manual had to be part of the early stage.

So while searching through this forum, an advert of gumtree popped up. It was a sweet deal not to be missed.

Now my agent in the Uk tells me he only buys bicycles from gumtree and not a motorcycle. I see the name of the seller, belongs to a motorcycle garage in London. So I check em up on Facebook and they got lots of excellent reviews. And the AT is 400£ less than the price on gumtree.

I start negotiations on the Facebook price but the guy says thats the cheapest AT on the market. He was right, but said he will throw a set of extra tyres, service the bike.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

The gentleman realised front brake pad needed replacement and did it for me at o extra cost.

Automotive tire Helmet Vehicle brake Crankset Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Textile Red Automotive exterior Font Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Engineering Machine

I got the stock exhaust as well and the bike was delivered to the agents location
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Building Automotive lighting

Bikeis loaded to a container for sea shipped to Kenya.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

It took 2 weeks to get a booking for the container, finally its collected for shipping. Unfortunately due to international shipping delays, we got 2 more weeks delay before it ended up on the sea.

From negotiation that started on 25th August to 26th November when I received the bike.
Thats the photo during collection. I got a call at 3:35 pm to go and collect the bike. I had to drive for 3 good hours, park the car, get a friend to drop me on his moped.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

Now the bike has been cleared but has not been officially registered so it shouldnt be on the road. You'll be surprised how far I went :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Photos to be continued in the next comment

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a few kms at night to familiarize myself to the DCT technology. Weird at start as am used to have my right foot down always but now it shouldnt be down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The search began, the debate of DCT vs Manual had to be part of the early stage.

So while searching through this forum, an advert of gumtree popped up. It was a sweet deal not to be missed.

Now my agent in the Uk tells me he only buys bicycles from gumtree and not a motorcycle. I see the name of the seller, belongs to a motorcycle garage in London. So I check em up on Facebook and they got lots of excellent reviews. And the AT is 400£ less than the price on gumtree.

I start negotiations on the Facebook price but the guy says thats the cheapest AT on the market. He was right, but said he will throw a set of extra tyres, service the bike.

View attachment 67323
The gentleman realised front brake pad needed replacement and did it for me at o extra cost.

View attachment 67325
View attachment 67327
View attachment 67328
View attachment 67326
View attachment 67324
I got the stock exhaust as well and the bike was delivered to the agents location
View attachment 67329
View attachment 67330

Bikeis loaded to a container for sea shipped to Kenya.
View attachment 67321
It took 2 weeks to get a booking for the container, finally its collected for shipping. Unfortunately due to international shipping delays, we got 2 more weeks delay before it ended up on the sea.

From negotiation that started on 25th August to 26th November when I received the bike.
Thats the photo during collection. I got a call at 3:35 pm to go and collect the bike. I had to drive for 3 good hours, park the car, get a friend to drop me on his moped.

View attachment 67322

Now the bike has been cleared but has not been officially registered so it shouldnt be on the road. You'll be surprised how far I went :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Photos to be continued in the next comment
Well, when your friend rides you two-up for THIRTY MILES(!), you better ride that bad boy home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts