Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gang!

Well, I've already put a post in on another section asking about the Twin and, thoughts etc. I should have introduced myself prior to the post, sorry. Been riding now for about 45-50 years, on and off. The last couple decades have been on Honda Goldwings. I recently purchased a Yamaha TW200 and have been having a ball on that little tractor bike. It's not very fast but, it get's me to where ever I want to go, on and off road. But, I've recently been introduced to the Africa Twin. I saw, and sat on a 2020 AT/AS and man, what a feeling. Since then, I've watched numerous videos, and have arranged a test ride on that bike which, is a 6-spd version. I'm pretty sure that if I pursuit this or, even a '19 or '18, It's gonna be a DCT model. But, I sure looks like a great, all-around bike with plenty of power and versatility. I'm thinking my road sofa Goldwing days are dwindling. It sure sounds and reads like just about ALL owners of the AT are pretty darn happy with them. I hope to be one soon.
Scott

P.S. Below is the one I sat on. Man, what beautiful bike. Especially for a dual-sport Adventure bike.

Attachments

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Yea I have a 18 ATAS and I get a LOT of compliments at red lights on her. Even get; the whatever person is closer to me tapping the person next to them to point out the bike. A lot of times when I stop at a store, usually someone in the parking lot will comment on the bike.. She’s definitely the sexy “supermodel “ of the adventure bike world.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definitely get quite a few looks while'st cruising our streets. One thing here. As stated a time or two on this forum, I'm an old (really old) Honda Goldwing pilot and, well, if any of you are used to, or have experienced riding any, those bikes are, without a doubt, the quietest LARGE type motorcycles on the planet. I've never been one to attract attention by having LOUD bikes/cars/trucks/motorhomes/space ships/motorcycles etc. I like quiet.

Buuuuuuttttt, the sound of the A/T, either at idle or, running through the gears, is a very, very pleasant low throaty kind of thing, that's just right, for making any sound on a motorcycle. At least in my opinion. I have ZERO plans on changing the factory exhaust on that Twin.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
6,788 Posts
I definitely get quite a few looks while'st cruising our streets. One thing here. As stated a time or two on this forum, I'm an old (really old) Honda Goldwing pilot and, well, if any of you are used to, or have experienced riding any, those bikes are, without a doubt, the quietest LARGE type motorcycles on the planet. I've never been one to attract attention by having LOUD bikes/cars/trucks/motorhomes/space ships/motorcycles etc. I like quiet.

Buuuuuuttttt, the sound of the A/T, either at idle or, running through the gears, is a very, very pleasant low throaty kind of thing, that's just right, for making any sound on a motorcycle. At least in my opinion. I have ZERO plans on changing the factory exhaust on that Twin.
Scott
Ditto here.

I respect the stealthiness and command the Gold Wing brings as it floats by. "Solid" is a word that seems to come to my mind.

I like the sound of the AT OEM exhaust. Under normal use it is non-offending. On a spirited jaunt, usually when merging on the freeway and far from residential community, it sounds scrumptious. It is a good place to be.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts

Scott
Ditto here.

I respect the stealthiness and command the Gold Wing brings as it floats by. "Solid" is a word that seems to come to my mind.

I like the sound of the AT OEM exhaust. Under normal use it is non-offending. On a spirited jaunt, usually when merging on the freeway and far from residential community, it sounds scrumptious. It is a good place to be.
I’d say I say I’m pretty stealthy and attract bout as much attention....

as a peacock at a convention of crows.

Her fluorescent green eyes are a integral part for blending too.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey AT-Dragon,
I gotta hand it to ya Partner, that's the most farkled out AT I think I've ever seen! Man, ya think you've got enough LIGHTS on it? Wow! I'm assuming that you must do one heck of a lot of riding either at night or in the weee hours of the morning in order to figure you need that much lighting. Now, speaking of lighting, the lime green headlight covers, they throw out GREEN LIGHT or, is it converted to at least semi-normal coloring? I'm also assuming you have independent switching for all those, correct? Even the mini light bar just above the front fender? I'd be very interested in the story of your bike, what you've done, where it's been and all that, based on the pictures I'm seeing.
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts