Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm from Sydney Australia I'm 68 male and i have a 2017 African Twin I've ridden for a long time but the twin has been such a great bike to ride,
I want to fit heated grips, GPS, fog lights I have a problem with the power to all the addons, is there such a thing as a junction box i could fit under the seat then pick up enough power from the battery then feed all the cables to the box.
That would save me a lot of work and look a lot neater.

Cheers

Ken

·
Super Moderator
2,622 Posts
Hi and welcome..
Unfortunately the fuse system on the AT is week, so yes, you’ll be better off with a aftermarket fuse block ..

Just google “motorcycle power distribution module” you’ll find a few..

·
Administrator
2,873 Posts
As far as the under-the-seat junction box, the Eastern Beaver PC-8 kit is a good choice. Myself and others have mounted this under the seat. Mine is under the pillion seat and I replaced Honda's bolts for the pillion seat with thumbscrews for easier access.

AT Dragon uses something different and I can't recall the name of it. He would have to tell you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the information, it will change the way i set the bike up.
The bike had 5000 ks on it when I bought it and I've added a couple more we have a lot of dirt roads in Australia and it has opened up such a different way to enjoy riding a moto bike.
Cheers Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts