Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Twin riders this is my 1st post here, I've been following this community for almost a year, it's because of this forum that I've sorted a lot of stuff on my AT, learned about it, disassembled it, it has lots of goodies to check daily and keep our inner moto heads entertained.
This weekend I got my first decent off-road ride with a couple of friends, now since gov restrictions are easing... and it was challenging in some parts, due to loose rocks and the road tyres we were all using the Battlax A41.... but all went fine, except a little drop of my AT :) It was caused mainly because I was dumb and was braking too much with the front instead of using the clutch... lesson learned.
I'll leave the video here, it has some good Portuguese landscapes and music following along.
Let me know what you think, the drop happened around minute 11 if you want to skip to that part.

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Also welcome to the nap time club a lot of us here have let the AT down for what we call a nap 💤

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It hurts every time she takes a nap, but oh well... living and learning one nap at a time hehehe
Btw not related with that descent particular descent, but do you normally feel the need to turn off the ABS when doing inclined descents with lots of loose gravel and ruts? Maybe I have a heavy right foot but I almost every time end-up locking the real wheel on my first pedal tap, causing it to lock and slide, no bueno, and having to re-think again the pressure... so now I've been riding with the ABS on and turns out I'm way better approaching these inclined descents.... and using the front brake smoothly much more of course.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow you were locked down that you couldn't even ride your new scooter...

I am glad you were able to get her out and break her in properly!

Its about the only thing I feel safe doing anymoreo_O

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow you were locked down that you couldn't even ride your new scooter...

I am glad you were able to get her out and break her in properly!

Its about the only thing I feel safe doing anymoreo_O
Yeah we had a tough few months, but now restrictions are lifting and things are getting to a new normal. People still could go out and ride, but the guidelines were to not do it, and most followed them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts