Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just got my bike today and drove it 30 something miles and I felt it was jumpy when I let of the throttle I was wonder if that was due to EB mine is on 2 also I was wonder how to change it to 1

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Carl. Any pics of your beast? What model year is it?

Nevertheless, in "USER" mode you should be able to customize the EB setting through your handlebar controls.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
I am not sure you want 1 if you believe engine breaking is the cause of the "jumpiness" as EB1 has the strongest Engine Breaking effect. You probably want 3.

I believe what DT is saying is that User is the only mode where you can change the settings. The others,Tour, Urban and Gravel are preset and cannot be changed.

Page 64 and 65 of the manual go over the differences between these settings. 66-69 on how to change the settings. It's a good section to familiarize yourself with.

If for some reason you didn't get the hard copy manual from the dealer, a pdf version can be found here

Again, definitely worth familiarizing yourself with these pages.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That is a very beautiful model Carl. I have the exact same one. :) They even gave you the Bridgestone [A41?] tires.

At the bottom side of your seat is the 2019 Owner's Manual for the Honda Africa Twin. Page 64 or so is maybe a good place to start to learn how to navigate the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure you want 1 if you believe engine breaking is the cause of the "jumpiness" as EB1 has the strongest Engine Breaking effect. You probably want 3.

I believe what DT is saying is that User is the only mode where you can change the settings. The others,Tour, Urban and Gravel are preset and cannot be changed.

Page 64 and 65 of the manual go over the differences between these settings. 66-69 on how to change the settings. It's a good section to familiarize yourself with.

If for some reason you didn't get the hard copy manual from the dealer, a pdf version can be found here

Thank you and I just called about Manaul because they did not give me one and yes I meant 3 lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a very beautiful model Carl. I have the exact same one. :) They even gave you the Bridgestone [A41?] tires.

At the bottom side of your seat is the 2019 Owner's Manual for the Honda Africa Twin. Page 64 or so is maybe a good place to start to learn how to navigate the instrument cluster.
Uea and thank you and at the manual is under the seat ok ill check i just contacted dealer about it

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Uea and thank you and at the manual is under the seat ok ill check i just contacted dealer about it
It isn't unheard of for the dealer to forget to put in under the seat or otherwise give it to you. Mine gave me the manual in a ziplock bag along with the paperwork, others include it under the seat. Some just outright forget to give it to you. So I included the link above in case they did :)

·
Registered
144 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought USER, URBAN and GRAVEL could all be changed temporarily but revert back to factory default once the ignition is turned off. USER retains whatever settings are selected when the bike is shut down and applies the saved settings when USER mode is next used.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I have another question so I thought the T button was traction control manual says its torque control I have mine on 6 what is your thought on that and how does it affect your ride

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
TC = 6 is useful on rainy slick days on roads. I typically leave this on "6" for road riding. If you like to leave tire marks on acceleration, TC should be set low (e.g. "1").

Offroad you will likely desire less than "6", and that will depend on the offroad surface and your personal comfort riding on that surface with whatever tires you happen to be using.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong. I thought USER, URBAN and GRAVEL could all be changed temporarily but revert back to factory default once the ignition is turned off. USER retains whatever settings are selected when the bike is shut down and applies the saved settings when USER mode is next used.
To the best of my knowledge only Torque Control can be temporarily changed for the preset modes, not Power or Engine Breaking. Have you been able to change these in the preset modes ?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
How often does oil need to be changed
Need? Every 8K. But I have a maintenance package with mine. So I drop it into the dealer every 4K to have the Crankcase Breather and Spark Arrester cleaned and they change the oil while they have it. So, mine is changed every 4K.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts