Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I took my AT out on dirt the first time today. I promised myself i wouldnt until my Touratech crash bars came in (seriously WTF touratech) but my buddy and his BMW were taunting me. So of course, i laid it down. Softly. I would call it
"kissing the ground". I need to trust the bike, myself, and carry some more speed from now on in the mud!

First the bike is awesome on gravel fire roads. I was just clippin along like a champ. The abs off the rear and L1 traction control was amazing. Never had a bike with that stuff before and it made me feel very confident in the bike. The suspension is awesome as well- i went over some bumps that i was sure would screw me up and i barely felt them.

Anyways, The only thing i damaged was the stock knuckle guard broke its mounting point. I looked on the parts fiches i found online but cant come up with a part number. I will probably end up just getting some aftermarket ones but i am curious how much the mounts are. Does anyone have any idea how to find the part number? Its the piece that goes between the barkbuster and the handlebar on the inboard side.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a new hand guard in the garage, still in packet with part no on but it's just the plastic ?

Where did you find the micro fiche online ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need a new handguard too........I guess they're the same for each side no? I need to find one for the right side.........Any suggestions?

I need a right mirror too.........Help fellas!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
76 Posts
barkbusters save you the time and expense of replacing every time it falls

·
Registered
100 Posts
I realize this thread is now old, but since I just had to replace the same part (knuckle guard mounting plastic), I thought I would fill in the information in case anyone else is looking for these. The two [arts that mount the knuckle guard to the brake and clutch lever (or parking brake lever in the case of the DCT) are:

53191-MJP-G60 HOLDER, R. KNUCKLE (right side)
53196-MJP-G60 HOLDER, L. KNUCKLE (left side)

In the US, they are about $10 each (the price and part numbers come from Honda parts-direct).

The knuckle guards themselves are:
53180-MJP-G60ZB GUARD, R. KNUCKLE *NH1* (BLACK) (right side)
53185-MJP-G60ZB GUARD, L. KNUCKLE *NH1* (BLACK) (left side)

The knuckle guards are around $17 each.
The parts are the same whether or not you have DCT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I busted mine on the first fall as well, along with the Honda Panniers and my knee! I just ordered the H&P hand guards to keep the stock look on the 30th Anniversary bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts