Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen this before. Coming back from the Pioneer Saloon outside Vegas Saturday I noticed the number 10000 flashing on and off where the fuel consumption readout normally shows. The select and settings buttons were inop as well. I had dropped the bike on the trail a couple times earlier on the way to the saloon ( thank you Touratech for your fine bashbars!) But this glitch showed up hours later. Bike only has 1015 miles clocked, and the display and switches started working just before I got home. Anyone see this before?

·
Administrator
3,288 Posts
I'll take the sound of crickets as a no...
I have not seen that, but I do wonder if it might be a calibration issue? I have had a calibration issue a couple of times on my KTM 1190 Adventure, and while it didn't flash 0's, the fuel gauge was inaccurate. There was a procedure that the dealership had to go through with filling the tank and recalibrating it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agree with ski-line900: you probably changed the display. Each of those display segments has options that can be chosen through a combination of button pushes (set, up & down arrows). Check your owners manual for specifics.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think the countdown feature has a default of 16000 so maybe it has counted down to 10000. Hit your select button for fuel economy and switch between modes to see if that's it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts