Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AT non DCT/Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking into the New Members category. I traded my high mileage Vstrom DL1000 for a Triumph Tiger GT900 and four days later got hit head on by a pick up truck. I decided to purchase a used 2017 AT manual with low mileage. Really enjoying it so far!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident, Thumper. Glad you survived—hopefully, unscathed. And, congrats on the AT! Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
3,831 Posts
Hey @Thumper - does it appear you weren't on the bike at the time of the Tiger's demise? :oops:

Nevertheless, you write well - welcome to the Forum!

Where is this 2017 AT you write about? What does she look like? :unsure:

·
Registered
2017 AT non DCT/Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on the bike. It happened on a rainy day at an intersection near my home. The driver overshot his turn and skidded into me as I was just starting to move. I wear good gear and although I was thrown from the bike, I only received minor injuries. My Triumph is at a dealer being repaired now. I am thinking of taking this AT and the Triumph and trading in for a new Africa Twin in the near future.
My writing comes from years as an educator, which I retired from 3 years ago. Life is good!
Africa Twin.jpg Africa Twin_2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Hi and welcome, glad you are still here with us and still riding...

Reactions: Thumper

·
Registered
2017 AT non DCT/Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum! Now we have a Thumper and a Double Thumper. We need a Triumph Triple owner to create a Triple Thumper account now :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
LOL! Got my nickname from playing a Stand-Up bass for many years on stage. I have also worked on a few Thumpers (single cylinder) over the years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts