Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have an -2020 CRF1100 Adventure Sports on order and I am now sitting and trying to figure out which accessories I will buy for it. I will have some additional lights on the bike for better visibility in the traffic. Honda supplies a complete kit with lamps harness an mounts 08ESY-MKS-FL20. My question is if this mount only works with OEM crash bar or can I mount the kit to for example a Touratech crash bar? Anybody with experience of this? :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
The HEED bunker crashbar has a bracket for mounting the OEM fog lights. I currently have the OEM crash bar with the fog ligths (very nice light) but I'm thinking of replacing the OEM bars with the stronger Heed bunker and the possibility to keep the OEM lights is a big plus.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
The HEED bunker crashbar has a bracket for mounting the OEM fog lights. I currently have the OEM crash bar with the fog ligths (very nice light) but I'm thinking of replacing the OEM bars with the stronger Heed bunker and the possibility to keep the OEM lights is a big plus.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum! :)
Keep in mind that you have to remove the heed bars if want to remove the body parts for maintenance. I don’t ,t or this the same with the oem bars. Outback writes that with their bar it is not necessary.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Keep in mind that you have to remove the heed bars if want to remove the body parts for maintenance. I don’t ,t or this the same with the oem bars. Outback writes that with their bar it is not necessary.
I'm not sure that you don't have to remove the upper OM bars (the one you need to mount the OEM fog lights) when doing maintenance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Deltabi I have the heed bar and the foglights can be mounted only thing Honda is not selling the angle plates you need to buy a complete set or make it by your self much cheaper.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Deltabi I have the heed bar and the foglights can be mounted only thing Honda is not selling the angle plates you need to buy a complete set or make it by your self much cheaper.
I believe the Honda sells the complete fog lights kit under the code 08ESY-MKS-FL20. This code include the light lamps (08V73-MKS-E00) and the hardware/case to mount and complete the lights (part no. 08V70-MKS-E00). This last part contains the brackets (see attached image, top right item): I don't think you'll ever find a OEM fog light without this second part as the lights would be "naked" without even the external plastic case. So if you buy the complete OEM fog lights you should also have the bracket to fix the lights to whatever bars you desire.
This is my understanding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts