Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is just a curious minor issue, but I wonder if others don’t experience the same:

I find the foot pegs are right where my calves want to be when stopped with both feet down. I'm long enough that I can still get both feet flat-footed outside the pegs—but stretching my legs a bit wider than I’d like. It’s easy enough to go behind the pegs (or even forward if I need to) but it’s slightly awkward and not as comfortable as it would be if I could just put them down where they naturally want to go – in line with the pegs.

My sitting position is comfortable—about half-way back, maybe a tad more. I've got about an inch or two behind me to the crease. My seat is in the high position. My knees can still hug the tank.

Thankfully, I don’t find the foot pegs on the ATAS too small. Larger pegs would only make it wose.

Am I the only one who experiences this on the ATAS? Just curious.

On another note–my bike is now in for first service. Can't wait to get it back with fresh oil, the break-in oil cleared. However, I have to say, I’ve been checking it regularly and right up to last, the oil appeared clean and like-new.

Gary

·
Registered
67 Posts
Noticed the same on my 1st test ride on one. I've found with time that I've adjusted my muscle memory to put my legs behind the pegs but if I'm not wearing my Adv boots that usually means bruised shins when I crack them off the back of the pegs, luckily I've not fitted gnarly ones.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Same here, on a standard AT 2018. Usually I put feet outside of the peg, but when moving the bike seated on it happens to hit the footpegs and it's not nice.
Wrong position, for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup...I've adjusted to it....(I'm 6'2") Also, I find my inside left ankle rubs against the guard just above the foot peg. Not on the right though.....If I'm not wearing boots it starts to hurt after awhile....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts