Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the rider foot-pegs/ mounts are same across the model years?

I've done some searching and it's... inconclusive.

Many aftermarket foot-pegs are advertised as 2016-17 and there are even one or two 2018 or ATAS foot-peg options out there, but many, too, are just advertised/ described as “for Honda Africa Twin.”

I have a suspicion that the pegs (or mounts, at least?) are the same through the years... But I could be wrong. In the few good pictures I can find, they look pretty similar in size and angle, but it only takes a mm to throw it off.

I measure the mount on my left side as 37 mm wide (outside edge to outside edge, top to bottom) and the angle, relative to horizontal as *about* 43 deg.

Has anyone installed older foot-pegs on 2018 base or ATAS models?

I’m specifically interested in the Twalcom Footpegs and if they will fit my ATAS.

Thanks in advance, Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The mounting is slightly different for the '18s. I worked with BDCW on their footpegs for the ATAS, we tried the ones they make for the '16/'17 and they didn't fit. Kurt had a random pair sitting around that he had custom made for a friend's CRF450 for Dakar or Baja or one of those and they ended up having the same mount. They were a bit too long though, so he copied the mounting and shortened them up a bit and they work great.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. That pretty much answers it.

Interesting to know the mounts for the CRF450 might be the same.

Appreciate it. Gary

·
Registered
42 Posts
Foot Pegs reference number

I am pretty sure you need the ref no SD06 for 2018+
SD04 for 2015-2017

I have some adjustable footpegs from MFW for my 2018 AT
They are the Vario ones and am very happy with them

But when I tried to fit them I found the adapter which fits to the bike to fit the extender and the peg was slightly too big
After contacting MFW they refunded the cost of the adapter and I filed them down
They did say they would be modifying them in the future
I have recently contacted them to find out if they have reworked them yet but have received no response after about 5 days

Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts