Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi,

I am new to off road world, I put a new ION SW-Motech foot peg on my africa twin crf1000.
The new foot pegs hits (sometimes hurting ) to my leg calfs when putting the side stand and also when I am moving the bike bit forward or backward.

Is it normal to expect with these big foot peg , and will get used to it, OR should I go other foot peg which are bit smaller.

Cheers
AJ

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,985 Posts
I’ve got pivotpegz on mine and on my last bike , usually it takes a few to get used to. Most aftermarket are bigger all around. Some have caps for the spikes more for comfort when riding the shin protection. I’ve been riding dirt for years and can’t count the times I’ve gotten rake marks up the back and front of my legs. Even a few that dripped blood into my shoe, that’s the nature of those beasts, unlike the rubber ones off road pegs will bite.......
You’ll get used to them in no time I’m sure, and stop bumping them, but for wet nasty muddy clay and such big sharp pegs can’t be beat.

·
Registered
335 Posts
For putting the side stand down, try turning your knee further out from the bike so you get the side stand with the back of your foot instead of the rear side. That should help avoid the pegs.

For when you are moving the bike around, I think it just depends on how long your legs are. I have the SW Motech copy footpeg enlargers, which are huge, but with my long legs I can clear them on both sides easily. If you have short legs, smaller pegs might make it easier but you'll likely still bang a bit.
If you are doing offroad, (and in my case even for on road) you should have anyways a pair of boots that come up quite high and will protect your lower legs. Knee/shin pads do the rest. I use Alpinestars Web gore tex boots and they are high enough to protect my shins from the pegs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts