Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering if anybody has tried these? BLACK DOG I particularly like the way the platform starts closer to the bike, as mentioned in the video.
Would like any feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sat on a bike with them and played with them on that bike. They are very nice. I know the folks at BDCW and they are good people. I ride with them on my F800gs along with the BDCW skid plate. Very rugged stuff.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have them! I really like them. The surface area is great and my feet don't slip when wet. I haven't noticed any additional vibrations over the stock rubber-topped pegs. It was a good choice for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have them! I really like them. The surface area is great and my feet don't slip when wet. I haven't noticed any additional vibrations over the stock rubber-topped pegs. It was a good choice for me.
Look really good but by the time another $55-69 is added for delivery to the UK it is a 'No' from me. Nearly $300 cost and possible import tax on top just make these far too expensive. Pity.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Look really good but by the time another $55-69 is added for delivery to the UK it is a 'No' from me. Nearly $300 cost and possible import tax on top just make these far too expensive. Pity.
Oh definitely, they're not worth spending THAT much.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, and thanks guys for the feedback so far.
Yes $300+ Aussie Dollars is also a lot, but putting it into prospective and considering I will use these EVERY time I go riding, unlike my $400 pannier racks which in reality only get used every now and then, maybe the price is not so bad, if they work well?
Any feedback on Dirt Riding? How is the transition from sitting to standing position considering your foot angle changes?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The one thing that BDCW did was to make the peg so that the base was closer to bracket allowing your feet to be a little narrower. The AT foot pegs are a little wide for some so this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts