Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Caleb with ProMotoBillet here.
We are currently in the process of designing a footpeg for the africa twin and would like some feedback from you all.

Would you prefer the footpeg to be at the same angle "forward to back/tow to heal" as the stock peg?

Would you like to have the capability of adjusting the camber of the footpeg?

What would be your ideal size of the footpegs?

I appreciate any feedback that you have!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Caleb with ProMotoBillet here.
We are currently in the process of designing a footpeg for the africa twin and would like some feedback from you all.

Would you prefer the footpeg to be at the same angle "forward to back/tow to heal" as the stock peg?

Would you like to have the capability of adjusting the camber of the footpeg?

What would be your ideal size of the footpegs?

I appreciate any feedback that you have!
you already make them!
anything that fits a xr400 or a xr650l along with many others fits perfect :grin2: thank you Honda for making a ton of bikes with same angle and mount:wink2: the stock pegs are sooooo skinny my boot is only half on it. wider is better I say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you already make them!
anything that fits a xr400 or a xr650l along with many others fits perfect :grin2: thank you Honda for making a ton of bikes with same angle and mount:wink2: the stock pegs are sooooo skinny my boot is only half on it. wider is better I say.
Unfortunately we currently don't due to the bracket design. Our current footpegs are meant for male to female brackets, where as the Africa twin is a female to male design.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, glad to see you guys wanting to make some foot pegs for the AT. I recently purchased some Moose Racing Pegs and they're good and probably great for some people but for some reason I'm not getting along with them all that well. Side (width) wise I think they're too long from bike center to outer edge of the peg. I've caught myself on several occasions catching a pant leg and almost dumping/dropping the bike from this happening. The size of the foot bed is more then enough big for my liking. I guess you wanted feedback so for me, options on width, and maybe even height.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I really like your design Deet and will be doing the same.

To answer the OP question, wider, longer, and pivot. Without the right boots the OEM pegs hurt my feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts