Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have For Sale a set of 2019 Africa Twin CRF1000L tubed Gold Wheels and tubed used Metzeler Karoo 3 50/50 off-road tyres.

I've been told these wheels do not fit the CRF1100L or the CRF1100 Adventure Sport Models. Only fits the CRF1000L models (DCT and Manual)

I got them in 2019 with the intention of using them during the winter months. Which I did but I've moved away from the 21" wheels to RallyRaid 19" front tyres for Winter Riding.

So, these are no longer required...

The tyres have done around 1000 miles, there is some tarnishing on the spoke nipples as weirdly they are not stainless steel (but the spokes are fine
)

They're not mint, but very good condition. Rims only on-road use (I had the off-road tyres fitted by request, after the wheels had been removed from the bike).

The bearings are practically brand new, there's absolutely no wheel damage from road impacts or pot holes (Advanced Riding Trained).

There's no ABS Ring, No Brake Discs, No rear Sprocket Carrier (you should have all those anyways) but the wheelset is freshly balanced and ready to use.

I'm asking £500 collected from Walsall, West Midlands. (These wheels have been packaged for shipment, so if you want to arrange collection at your expense, that is also possible).

Send me a PM if you're interested. Cheers

20200813_160513.jpg

20200813_160531.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not used them much yet, I was planning on using them over Winter..... but so far so good.

Seems to drop the ride height by about 15-20mm and tubeless gives me less worries on a road trip.

Tyre choice is better as well. So all good really, except the initial buy and setup price.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,528 Posts
Not used them much yet, I was planning on using them over Winter..... but so far so good.

Seems to drop the ride height by about 15-20mm and tubeless gives me less worries on a road trip.

Tyre choice is better as well. So all good really, except the initial buy and setup price.
That is a really nice layout @Warlord.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts