Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I am replacing the front fork springs on my 2018 AT DCT. The bike has 10k (90% pavement) on it and I have never had any problems with leaky fork seals. Since the forks are gong to be apart should I preventively replace the seals? If so, should I stay with OEM? If not OEM what is recommended?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
Next week I am replacing the front fork springs on my 2018 AT DCT. The bike has 10k (90% pavement) on it and I have never had any problems with leaky fork seals. Since the forks are gong to be apart should I preventively replace the seals? If so, should I stay with OEM? If not OEM what is recommended?
Thanks!
Hard to say if your doing your own labor. If not, replacing seals is time/labor intensive for relatively cheap parts.

My wife's left seal started leaking about 20K, but that doesn't mean much. They can go at 5K or 50K.

Wouldn't hurt to just replace them and be done with it either way though :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
If you have them apart it might be worth considering changing them. Mine leaked at several points until they completely gave out around 20-25,000 kilometres. I went with SKF and have done another 25,000 kilometres and not a single drop has leaked (and I've ridden the bike harder offroad). They aren't cheap but the SKF seals definitely seem to have a longer life than the OEM seals.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have them apart it might be worth considering changing them. Mine leaked at several points until they completely gave out around 20-25,000 kilometres. I went with SKF and have done another 25,000 kilometres and not a single drop has leaked (and I've ridden the bike harder offroad). They aren't cheap but the SKF seals definitely seem to have a longer life than the OEM seals.
Thanks for info - SKF seals going the end of this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts