Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

Here’s a video on how I changed the fork seals on my 50,000 mile, 2016 Honda CRF 1000 Africa Twin, following the Honda Service Manual step by step, and using genuine Honda spares.

I had been putting this job off for months, as I couldn’t find any videos with enough clarity to convince me the job wasn’t a nightmare.

My video carries a part numbered shopping list of the spare parts needed, and an explanation of the special tools needed.

I have also included dimensions of the special tools for anyone who is able to make their own home brew alternatives.

May I ask a favour of the community though? I’m currently learning video editing, developing my story telling and trying to grow a Youtube channel for an eventual retirement Round The World trip. (Yeh, me and 10 million other folk – lol)

If anyone was willing to subscribe to my Youtube channel and throw the video a thumbs up, it would be hugely appreciated. Of course, I’ll no be pestering anyone or spamming the forum, it’s a one time ask.

But if only one person finds the video to be of use to them, I’ll be a happy man.

Thanks, Stevie.

·
Registered
CRF1000 AS 2019 Tricolour
68 Posts
Great video! A bit more work than I thought it would be though…
Nice to see how you handle the disassembled parts, keeping them in the same direction and order. I always end up with a pile of parts and then wondering where they where installed originally ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts