Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Merci! Excellent!

Wonder where he is now? I wish I would just sack up and take a trip like that! My new and still barely ridden AT is begging for it.

NC

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Merci! Excellent!

Wonder where he is now? I wish I would just sack up and take a trip like that! My new and still barely ridden AT is begging for it.
We can dream :smile2:

My week long trip was to be my first longer than overnight trip on the AT. But I switched bikes last minute. While an adventure bike would have been better for exploring in the places we went, but riding buddy was on a street bike, so it didn't matter much. Next year he plans to have an adventure bike too.

Anyway earlier photo was from my phone. I tried just now to upload a few from my camera, but they were ignored. Perhaps too large? The R1200R forum seems to use the same software and won't accept them for that reason, while advrider and the local forum will. I used to host on photobucket, but those days are over. Not sure if I'll start using a different hosting service, or just upload photos where it's easy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Any issues with leg discomfort with the flat engine? I like being able to place my legs out in front of me but the boxer motor makes that more of a challenge.

NC

We can dream :smile2:

My week long trip was to be my first longer than overnight trip on the AT. But I switched bikes last minute. While an adventure bike would have been better for exploring in the places we went, but riding buddy was on a street bike, so it didn't matter much. Next year he plans to have an adventure bike too.

Anyway earlier photo was from my phone. I tried just now to upload a few from my camera, but they were ignored. Perhaps too large? The R1200R forum seems to use the same software and won't accept them for that reason, while advrider and the local forum will. I used to host on photobucket, but those days are over. Not sure if I'll start using a different hosting service, or just upload photos where it's easy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any issues with leg discomfort with the flat engine? I like being able to place my legs out in front of me but the boxer motor makes that more of a challenge.
None. Love the bike. It makes a good companion to the AT. Like on the AT, you could install crash bars with highway pegs, but I don't think it's necessary for either. The AT replaced my 1st gen FZ1 that in contrast was helped by highway pegs: it was a good bike to tour on but if the previous owner hadn't installed highway pegs, it would have given me knee pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts