Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure my front brakes drag a little. The front wheel doesn't seem to spin easily. I put the bike on the center stand, tipped the bike back, and spun the front wheel with my hand. It doesn't spin freely at all.

Further, the front brake lever has some travel but not as much as I think it should. It seems "tighter" than it should be.

I checked my Hayne's manual, which discusses the adjustment wheel (1-6) but this adjustment doesn't seem to help.

I'm not terribly mechanically inclined, but I assume since there is a brake fluid reservoir right next to the lever, there is no "cable" ?

How does one adjust the lever (in this case to provide some slack) ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You may have a stuck, sticking brake pad(s), worth stripping and cleaning, not sure if this is covered in the Haynes book of fairy tails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup I’d pull the calipers and see if a piston is frozen or a pad is sticking.

The adjuster knob just spaces the lever forward and backward, shouldn’t cause any pressure on it.

·
Registered
Rally Red 2017 dct.
111 Posts
When I bought my twin I did have to apply some cooper grease to all the pads , they were bone dry from the factory. It's really straight forward to do even if you're new to the tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts