Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride of the season for me and my front brake lever is sticking and I’m having to push it
back out. Braking power seems to be decreased also. Is this an adjustment I need to make with the dial on top of the brake lever assembly? I did put barkbusters on this winter so I may have screwed something up during that process. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Have you tried turning the lever adjuster (the numbered dial)? Sometimes the lever will land between two settings and feel like it is not returning all the way out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that adjustment and I’m getting the same issue. The lever is sticking in and not returning back without use of force. Braking capability is noticeably reduced - I’ve got to grab super hard to stop.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you have a look at it to see if pulling the lever is moving the plunger end (for lack of a better word) a corresponding amount? Sounds like the lever is moving but the plunger end isn't moving the same amount due to the adjustment knob being broken or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remove the pivot pin from the lever, give it a clean and lubricate it before refitting.

I had a similar problem with my Street Triple and a clean and lube sorted it out.

I may have over tightened when I put together the brake lever assembly when installing barkbusters. I’ll check this out. Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine also was a bit on the stiff side so when i fitted the Barkbusters, i stripped the lever and pivot pin down, it was dry and a bit of rust residue on the pin, so cleaned up and greased and now all is good.

That’s totally what is was on mine too. All good now it seems! Clean and lube your pins y’all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts