Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stick on extenda to fit. It will be very difficult to do a good job with the mudguard in place. The mudguard seems to be secured by 3 bolts each side . It also has brake and ABS cables clamped to it.
For those of you that have had the mudguard off could you please give advice. Does the mudguard slide forward to come out over the wheel or does the wheel have to be removed first.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can now answer my own question:
The mudguard is really awkward to get off but managed it. After dismantling the side restraints behind the forks the mudguard slides forwards and out. The side restraints are each in two parts that need unclipping to split them. I did it at zero degrees and I suspect the plastic had become very stiff so prising them apart was not easy. The workshop manual is not very helpful on how to split the side restraints. Sticking on the extenda is also a pain. You only get one shot so take your time getting it in the right place

1 - 2 of 2 Posts