Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has profile cut a protector for the front frame down tube of my AT. As I was concerned that it would get chipped. And road dirt , mud and salt would end up on the inside of the bash plate, thrown up off the front wheel. It is made of marine grade stainless steel and includes the fixing ties which he said he will get some grey ones to blend in better. If there is enough interest, he said he will make some more. The cost is £20 including delivery in the UK. I don't know the exact cost for the rest of the world but will be in the region of £25. If anyone is interested let me know. You can pay via PayPal. I have included a picture. He is going to try it on an Adventure Sports later this week but expects it to fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frame Protector

He has used an adhesive backed piece of foam to stop it vibrating and rubbing the paint. I have not had any problems with mine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Interested. Does it attach to the bash plate or just rest against it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because the protector has some flexibility in it rests against the bash plate. If you prefer you can put it on the inside edge of the bash plate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why not just use the same stuff they use for invisible bra's?? That's what those are for, and you won't even see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts