Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Fuse Panel Concern - Real or imagined

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AdvArt 
#1 ·
The Eastern Beaver Fuse Panel has connectors that merely squish the copper wires onto the connector. This is as opposed to using a ring terminal connector where the screw would hold the ring terminal into position without directly compressing the wires.

Anyone think the wires could fray after many miles of the bike moving around? I envision them moving up and down as the bike moves around and the tiny copper wires eventually breaking. Think like bending a thin piece of metal back and forth until it snaps.

I am probably paranoid but thought I would look for feedback.

NC

#2 ·
I used Eastern Beaver PC8 on multiple ADV bikes. I've never had an issue with any of them on the method of connecting devices. I have my PC-8 mounted securely and that movement, say, from a GPS unit mounted to the handlebars doesn't bind and pull the wires.

I ride 50/50 and there are places where it's been miles and miles of washboard, which had a knob on my madstad come loose and fall off, my heavy chain breaker tool wear a hole in its case and scratch up the interior of the topcase. Again no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.