Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Quite excited to join this forum.

I've tested the AT DCT last weekend and since then, decided to sell my beloved Triumph for the Honda ! I have a few questions though.

I'm about to buy a second hand 2018 ATAS DCT, it has approximatively 9000km.

The owner said that he didn't do the second service.

Could someone give me an overview of the cost of the second service, how long the OEM tires last, and the brake pad.

This will give me a great indication on how I can negotiate the price.

Thanks and looking forward to ride that beast !

Julien

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome, Julien.

Second service (12000 kms) is just like the first one (1000 kms): they change oil and filters (two as this is a DCT). In Italy service prices are from about 160 to 200 euros for this kind of service.

About the OEM tires you did not specify if you're talking about the Dunlop or the Bridgestone A41: on the ATAS, Honda more often mounts the first one, that is known for being less good and durable than the A41. On the latter I've done 8000 kms and it's still good at about 40% (not much highway, fortunately, for me).

Brake pads tear is very subjective, depending on driving style. You can easily assess their current state having a look at them on the bike. With a relaxed driving they can last 20000 kms or more. But you can find bikers who have to replace them at half or even less if driving aggressively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts