Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Africa Twin DCT 2016
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i hope you help me here,

so the other day i wanted to turn on the G switch on my AT DCT 2016 and i did as it says on the manual and nothing happened. Also the switch to disable the ABS didn't work, so i wonder if there's something wrong with in specific with that part of the motorcycle.

Did anyone had this kind of problems?

·
Registered
2016 AT DCT with all the fruit...
40 Posts
^ Exactly this. You must be fully stopped when you select either of these options. The bike will not enable G mode or disable rear ABS whilst on the move.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
837 Posts
What's a G switch? Is it like a G spot?

A guy with a simple gal at home is really curious.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
594 Posts
On my 19 the g switch can be activated while rolling with the throttle closed, same as tc and the modes. Have never shut off abs yet

·
Registered
Africa Twin DCT 2016
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to chance my tires so i went there and asked them to have a look. In the end they told that the button holders were broken (which he told its not the first time he sees in AT) and they gave me a budget of 92€ to replace them.. So question solved nothing wrong just have to replace button holders :)

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,779 Posts
What's a G switch? Is it like a G spot?

A guy with a simple gal at home is really curious.
Gravel mode, basically it makes the DCT shift more like a manual, giving it a quick reduction in throttle and that in turn a slight pause in the drive. Helping the rear wheel track better when roosting… Kinda the same principle as the ABS but for acceleration..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts