Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing over from my Crosstourer where I had the std ram mount bracket bolted to front of switchgear

The ATAS does not have same set up to fix to this point, so I an use a ram mount offset from the mirror base or a mount on the screen rail

I am used to the satnav on my left side so can cope with ram off the mirror base, but if off screen rail, whats a good choice for a Zumo 390/395

Cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have mine fixed to the bars above the instruments which is fine unless you are into particularly gnarly off roading. I use the SW Motech bracket, but if I were to do this again I would go for the iconic parts bracket.
The other ideal position, in my opinion is below the instruments using a bar that connects the the bar clamps. Touratech do this bar... And then you can use the same iconic parts bracket.
The Honda dealership recommended the bar above the instruments and then connected the cables to the switched feed that is hidden in the fairing. Or you could add a plug and make use of the otherwise pointless 2A powersocket.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have tried all the above & for me the best solution is the RAM mount that attaches to one of the 4 handlebar bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts