Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all....apologies for a detailed rant.

Got my sat nav installed when I got my bike a year ago.

One day while riding, I got a "lost external power supply" message & powering down message.
Initially, I just removed nav from cradle & re inserted & power was restored.

Then more frequently, any time I went over a bump or accelerated quickly,connection was lost.

On inspection, it seems the pins on the power supply wont connect to the points on back of NAV.. spring tension seems to be not strong enough to maintain connection if lost against any rough surface causing loss of connection.
Looks like the springs aren't strong enough to keep pins pushed against back of nav unit.

My interim fix was to spray WD40 onnto powersupply pins. This has seemed to work since.

More to follow!

Anyone else suffer the same issue?

·
Registered
437 Posts
might be nothing more complicated than a faulty mount. perhaps consider replacing it. This has never happened to me and Ive had the same Zumo on the same mount for 9 years.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had the same issue but it was related to the power supply wires. The wires are tiny gauge and had bent or shifted and come undone slightly from my PC8 under the seat (different bike). After reseating and tightening the power supply wires it was fine.
I haven't had any issues with the mount over the years though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts