Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 AT Standard and had a OEM 12 volt power plug installed before I picked the bike up from the dealer. For those who have the Garmin Zumo GPS does it have a 12 volt power cord available as an accessory?

·
Registered
33 Posts
According to the Garmin website it comes with a motorcycle power cable (10 to 30 volt) which can be used with ring terminals to connect direct to battery. If you want to use the accessory plug you may need to buy a male plug.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,162 Posts
I have a 2022 AT Standard and had a OEM 12 volt power plug installed before I picked the bike up from the dealer. For those who have the Garmin Zumo GPS does it have a 12 volt power cord available as an accessory?
Just with the adapter for the car..

·
Registered
425 Posts
According to the Garmin website it comes with a motorcycle power cable (10 to 30 volt) which can be used with ring terminals to connect direct to battery. If you want to use the accessory plug you may need to buy a male plug.
I bought a male (cig lighter) type so I can easily move the Zumo from one bike / truck to another.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a hard-wire mount on each of my bikes for my Zumo 595. The one on the twin is mounted on a Camel brace and gets power from an Eastern Beaver.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have a Zumo mounted on my AT (2017)
I have it direcfly connected to the battery so always live.
I put a multi meter over the pins and it is not 12v, more like 5v
There is a small sealed box on the power line that is probably a tranny to bring the voltage down.

Personally I like the Zumo except for a had niggling contact problem
Sometimes it works fine and other times it keeps telling me that is is loosing power connection
On these days, usually I will run the internal bat down and loose navigation without realizing it.

Still dont know where the problem lies.
Anyone else have this problem with the Zumo?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts