Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran my Africa Twin DCT "Queenie" until the little gas guage came on, and quickly pulled into the next filling station. Filled the bike up to the top, started the engine, the fuel gauge read full, and drove away. About a block down the street the fuel guage little gas pump light came on and the fuel gauage went too empty.

So, I drove the until the bike until I had put about 170 miles on the bike. I pulled into a filling station, turned the bike off. I then restated the bike, and the gauge returned to correct spot for the amount of gas I believed I did have in the tank. So, I filled the bike up. I drove about 2 blocks and the fuel guage returned to empty and the little gas tank light came on.

I looked on line when I got home, and saw on Adventure Rider on the internet that another Africa Twin owner who had the same problem. On africatwin.org (https://www.africatwin.org/threads/fuel-gauge.723/), I saw another Africa Twin owner who also was having this same problem.

My dealer has changed my fuel tank sending unit, but the problem continues.

Has anyone found a answer for this problem?????

·
Administrator
3,288 Posts
Ran my Africa Twin DCT "Queenie" until the little gas guage came on, and quickly pulled into the next filling station. Filled the bike up to the top, started the engine, the fuel gauge read full, and drove away. About a block down the street the fuel guage little gas pump light came on and the fuel gauage went too empty.

So, I drove the until the bike until I had put about 170 miles on the bike. I pulled into a filling station, turned the bike off. I then restated the bike, and the gauge returned to correct spot for the amount of gas I believed I did have in the tank. So, I filled the bike up. I drove about 2 blocks and the fuel guage returned to empty and the little gas tank light came on.

I looked on line when I got home, and saw on Adventure Rider on the internet that another Africa Twin owner who had the same problem. On africatwin.org (https://www.africatwin.org/threads/fuel-gauge.723/), I saw another Africa Twin owner who also was having this same problem.

My dealer has changed my fuel tank sending unit, but the problem continues.

Has anyone found a answer for this problem?????
Did they re-calibrate after replacing the fuel tank sending unit?

I had the opposite problem (twice) with my KTM 1190, where you would fill it up and it would constantly read full. Both times the fuel tank sending unit was replaced and had to be re-calibrated with a full tank of fuel in order for it to read properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts