Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently took my 2018 ATAS DCT for the fuel tank recall plus 15k service. Got the bike back and now it pops through the air box while holding 2k rpms in neutral. Also seems to have less power and lower mpg. Anyone else having this issue after the recall has been completed. Had no run ability issues before the service.

·
Administrator
3,002 Posts
Recently took my 2018 ATAS DCT for the fuel tank recall plus 15k service. Got the bike back and now it pops through the air box while holding 2k rpms in neutral. Also seems to have less power and lower mpg. Anyone else having this issue after the recall has been completed. Had no run ability issues before the service.
I definitely have not experienced that issue with my 2019. I assume you have been in contact with the dealer about the issue? If so, what has been their response?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken it back to the dealer 3 different times and they say"It runs great" told me plugs had been replaced and fuel filter cleaned again. Still runs like poop.

·
Super Moderator
5,761 Posts
I've taken it back to the dealer 3 different times and they say"It runs great" told me plugs had been replaced and fuel filter cleaned again. Still runs like poop.
Ah crap.

Lunchbox let down. So they dealership took it out for a ride to witness your claim?

Interesting discussion that would be for sure.

Well, while here @Jr503, welcome to the Forum. Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An update for my runability issue. Removed the fuel pump and filter today and found quite a bit of debris. My theory is they filled the tank back up from a contaminated gas can,sadly I think some of the debris made it past the filter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
136 Posts
When you get it running again spray carb cleaner around the intake system and hose connections. If the idle speed changes up or down you know there is a hose left off. High idle and popping is a lean condition

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you get it running again spray carb cleaner around the intake system and hose connections. If the idle speed changes up or down you know there is a hose left off. High idle and popping is a lean condition
Fortunately there are only two lines that had to be removed besides the fuel line and the were vent lines. It's running lean enough to cause the bike to run way warmer than normal too. The idle speed is where it should be. I've made the dealership aware of what I found and we have a meeting tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the Guglatech filter and pre-filter sock. My dealer installed them instead of the Honda parts at no additional charge. It took me 3-4 days to get the Guglatech delivered. I have had zero issues since they changed it out. I couldn't run at more than 2k rpm's when my filter crapped out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the Guglatech filter and pre-filter sock. My dealer installed them instead of the Honda parts at no additional charge. It took me 3-4 days to get the Guglatech delivered. I have had zero issues since they changed it out. I couldn't run at more than 2k rpm's when my filter crapped out.
Where did you buy your Guglatech from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts